Common women hair problems and remedies
- Hair loss or thinning (alopecia) – Normal hair loss occurs but excessive use of heating irons can lead to hair thinning.
- Dry damaged hair – Protect your hair even in the summer. The sun can be harsh for both you skin and hair.
- Itchy, flakey scalp – Simple solution at first, rinse the shampoo and conditioner out thoroughly.
- Limp, lifeless hair – Volumizing hair spray and preferably oil free.
- Gray hair – Save yourself the agony, gray is no longer dull. So wear your grey hair with pride !
Best hair treatment at home for all hair types
No matter what product you use, be it organic hair products or not. How you handle your hair can make a big difference. Experts know this but it’s for you to find out:
Avoid washing your hair daily, it can become dry and brittle.
- Trim your hair regularly to avoid splitting ends.
- Styling tools like hot irons can lead to hair thinning, use them sparingly.
- Receding hairline in African-American women occurs due to high uptight hair and elastic bands. Wear your hair loose for once!
- Switch to sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. They might be a bit costly but then again you shouldn’t be washing your hair too much.
- Sulfate in shampoo or conditioner is responsible for making lather, that foam when you’re under the shower. The bad side of it (not entirely proven) can cause frizziness and damage colored hair.
- Avocado oil for hair – This deep penetrating oil is far more suitable for extremely dry, damaged hair.
- Protein hair treatment for thickening your hair
- The most common known is keratin hair treatment. Look for shampoos or conditioners which contain keratin for thickening and stimulating hair growth.
- Think of protein as the most essential element in achieving healthy hair.
Proteins are known as the body’s building blocks. A breakdown or lack of these nutrients can hinder the body’s ability to grow and rejuvenate.
- To achieve healthy hair, your hair care regiment should include a protein rich diet.
Include these foods in your daily diet – meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, cheese and soy for vegetarians
Haircare is about bringing life back to your hair, keeping it healthy and growing. Remember hair and skin is an indication of health which means diet is paramount and the most important factor.